- Building in-person relationships, relationships, relationships...
- An independent hometown insurance agent / broker works for you, not the insurance carrier.
- Call 1-800 phone number to be in queue, most likely speak to someone new on every call, or get transferred from one department to another vs. call your hometown independent agent / broker direct, or visit their local office in person.
- 1-800 phone numbers are routed all over the USA or in some cases overseas. Supporting your hometown independent agent / broker keeps revenue within your community.
- Your premiums are not affected by utilizing your local independent agent / broker.
- Consultations are at no cost to you for utilizing your local hometown independent agent / broker.
- Independent agents / brokers work with multiple insurance carriers and as such take an unbiased approach in finding best solutions for your personal needs.
- Hometown independent agents / brokers - community involvement, reputation, local knowledge and understanding helps you save money and time.
- Gives you peace of mind knowing that you have someone in your corner serving you.
- Your hometown agents / brokers adhere to the same government compliance, licensing and training.
- Your hometown independent agent / broker has more access to markets and carriers
Your local hometown independent agents / brokers have the capabilities and resources as *captive (in-house) carrier agents. They are able to communicate with the same language and expertise when curing concerns. As your agent of record and with proper authorization they are able and best suitable to advocate on your behalf.
*Captive (in-house) carrier agents - A captive agent is an insurance agent who only works for one insurance company. A captive agent is paid by that one company, either with a combination of salary and commissions or with just commissions. ... The parent company may push its captive agents to sell certain policies or meet certain sales quotas. Source: Investopedia